Today Gabby and I went shopping to fill a box for Operation Christmas Child. There is a lady at our church who has been involved for a number of years with this organization and has hosted a drop off sight at our church for the last 4 years.
For those of you who don't know what Operation Christmas Child is...it's run by Samaritan's Purse and they have people fill shoe boxes with items for children in countries around the world who have never gotten any types of gifts. They then take the gifts and deliver them so that each child in the village/area receives a box. They also insert a gospel tract in each box in the child's own language. I'll include a link to go to if you would like to learn more. http://www.samaritanspurse.org/OCC.asp
It has been a lot of fun to fill the boxes and to pray for the child/children who will receive the box. Some of the stories of things that have occurred as a result are pretty amazing.
So Gabby and I went to the dollar store so that we could fill our boxes quite full. This years box had: 2 brushes, a comb, a mirror, candy, crayons, pencils, writing tablet, bar of soap, tooth brushes, tooth paste, stuffed animal, stickers and a hat. I'm not sure what all Gabby put in hers but it was similar in content and amount of things that she stuffed in.
Tomorrow Gabby will help with the collection details as boxes are dropped off. She defintely has a servants heart which is great to see!
That's all for today. Hopefully tomorrow I can include a picture or two of the boxes that have been dropped off at the church so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment