Saturday was Gabby's last piano recital for this year! It was such a joy to see all that she has accomplished in less than 2 years of taking lessons. She has completed what would "normally" take 5 years for a student to complete in less than 2 full years of lessons.
So I thought that I would share her performances and a couple of others as well. There are many very talented students but we didn't have enough memory on our camera to video all of the recital.
Also, I'm posting a few pictures of the awards that she received (6 in all).
She received the Award of Excellence (This was given out to every student that completed a year of lessons with Mrs. Davis)
She Received a ribbon for being in the Flash Card Club (This is if the student can go through their 60 flash cards in less than 2 minutes)
She Received a ribbon for being in the minute or less Flash Card Club (this is when they can go through the flash cards in one minute or less)
She received a ribbon for being in the 90% Awesome Lessons Club (The students receive an awesome on their lesson if they have practiced and come with the lessons totally prepared)
She received a ribbon for Excellence in Interpretive Skills (This is when the pianist is expressive in how they play and can bring out the emotion in the piece or pieces that they play)
And last but not least is the ribbon for Excellence in progress (This is a new category that Mrs. Davis introduced because she has some students who complete more than one years worth of books in a year)
So I thought that I would share her performances and a couple of others as well. There are many very talented students but we didn't have enough memory on our camera to video all of the recital.
Also, I'm posting a few pictures of the awards that she received (6 in all).
She received the Award of Excellence (This was given out to every student that completed a year of lessons with Mrs. Davis)
She Received a ribbon for being in the Flash Card Club (This is if the student can go through their 60 flash cards in less than 2 minutes)
She Received a ribbon for being in the minute or less Flash Card Club (this is when they can go through the flash cards in one minute or less)
She received a ribbon for being in the 90% Awesome Lessons Club (The students receive an awesome on their lesson if they have practiced and come with the lessons totally prepared)
She received a ribbon for Excellence in Interpretive Skills (This is when the pianist is expressive in how they play and can bring out the emotion in the piece or pieces that they play)
And last but not least is the ribbon for Excellence in progress (This is a new category that Mrs. Davis introduced because she has some students who complete more than one years worth of books in a year)
Gabby, Mrs. Davis, & Keenan
Sorry I'm having problems with the video's uploading so I will put them on the next post once Blogger will upload them.
.jpg)
5 comments:
Way to go Gabby!
That's so awesome!
Gabby, you are awesome, both as a piano player and a granddaughter. Way to go. Keep up the good work to do your best in all that you do.
Love, Grandma Judy
Gabby is incredibly gifted!!! So sorry we missed her recital but from the looks of it I'm sure there will be more to come in the near future.
Thank you for sharing the videos!!!
Love,
Kim
xoxo
Congrats on all the awards! I'm so proud of Gabby.
I wish I could've made it down to see the recitals in person. Let me know when they start next year, though, and I should be able to make it since my school stuff is finally wrapping up.
Just sat here listening to you playing again, it still sounds great. We are so proud of you and will keep enjoying hearing you play. Gramma J.
Post a Comment