Saturday, September 13, 2008

Peaches, Puyallup & Paint

These are the highlights of our week...among other things. :)
Teresa's brother went to Chelan last week and picked up donut peaches for us! They are the best...juicy, sweet (like eating candy), a bit smaller than normal peaches but they are really yummy. So we have been eating and sharing peaches.
On Tuesday we went to the Puyallup Fair and to the Casting Crowns concert. We had a great time. It was a gorgeous day!



On Wednesday Awana started up at our church again. Gabby is one of the Leaders In Training. She helps check the children in and then works with the group of 5th and 6th grade girls.

Thursday Teresa started back to Bible Study.

Today we finished the painting!! Whew hoo!!!! (of course now we get to put everything back in it's spot and maybe do a few touch ups here and there but it feels REALLY good to have this done). I'll post more pictures once we have things back where they belong and everything isn't so cluttered.

4 comments:

Gramma Carol said...

Congrats on finishing the painting. Can't wait to see the grand finale photos! It's neat that you got to go to the fair on such a nice day.

Watland's Wonderings said...

I am sure you are happy to have the painting done. It is a big job but it looks so cool I am sure you will enjoy it.

Can't believe you are having such nice weather there and for the fair also. I talked to Steve Sat and he said it was Sunny and 75. Well it was a nice day yesterday partly sunny but today (Sun) it started pouring rain at 5am and has not stopped it is noon now. We were going to take a drive to cape cod and take a ferry to Martha's vineyard but weather changed our plans it is very foggy like. There were 4 other couples going site seeing and they didn't go either. Oh well Monday we will be touring for 26 days.
Miss you guys and love you mom.

Christina Johnson said...

I love Casting Crowns! I really wanted to go to that show - darn tax deadlines! Glad to hear that the painting's wrapped up, that must be a relief! Ben won't even let me think about painting yet! I think I just need to sneak Laurece over one morning while he's sleeping!

Kim and Ray Plus One said...

I love donut peaches!!
I hope you had an Elephant Ear for me at the Fair. :)
Love you!!