Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A New Christmas Tradition

Shortly after Thanksgiving we were in a store and saw a kit for a gingerbread house and Gabby mentioned that she used to do them with Grandma Doris when she was little. So when I was walking through Sam's Club a couple of week's ago I purchased the kit that they had which was less expensive than the one in the grocery store and had way more candy, frosting and ginger bread.

Last night we decided to decorate it and put it together. It was a lot of fun! I (Teresa) had never done one before. Here are some pictures of the process...




Putting the walls together was the most difficult step. At one point all three of us were working on it. But we succeeded!

Right side of house.

Back of house.

Left side of house.


Front of house.

This was much more fun than what Scott was doing the night before...

Which then after we took this picture it snowed another 2 or 3 inches in the night.

7 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

Love the Gingerbread house!! Ben shoveled the driveway the other night too - the next morning we couldn't even tell. He was actually excited to do it the first time (new homeowner fun??)... Not so thrilled when it went to waste :o)

Fijalka Family said...

I feel for you shoveling the snow. I feel your pain!!! The gingerbread house is awsome!!! So Gabby, did you eat the candy after you made the house as a kid?

Watland's Wonderings said...

Great job I love your ginger bread house. I have never made one so maybe Teresa maybe that is why you have never made one.

Scott looks like he is having as much fun as Jerry did with the shoveling.

This snow is a bummer we can't even get together with you guys because of the roads while we are here in WA. I don't like this.
Love you mom!

Anonymous said...

Your gingerbread house looks so dainty and neat...we go for more, shall we say, the "delicious" tactic around here....putting as much candy on as possible! The boys think it's great fun too. Glad you could do that together! Merry Christmas Eve! Love, Tina M.

Jon & Jen said...

Your gingerbread house looks both lovely and tasty. And it looks like you had fun making it.

Rusting away in Washington said...

I love it! And the icicles on your gingerbread house look like the reall ones outside! LOL
Great job everyone! For Christmas Carle got a snow shovel! LOL we have never owned one until this year! It's just that kinda year!
Merry Christmas everyone!

Kim and Ray Plus One said...

I love the gingerbread house!! We'll have to make one of those next year!! Thank you for all the gifts for us and Noelani!!
We love you!!!