This is one of my absolute favorite Christmas traditions...we get together and make lefsa!
For those of you that don't know what lefsa is it's kind of like a tortilla only made with potatoes so they are light and VERY yummy. It is Scandinavian in origin and while traditionally it was made to put lutefisk in we NEVER eat that we put butter and sugar. After the initial making of them we've been known to put peanut butter on them or use them to put sandwich fixings in.
For those of you that don't know what lefsa is it's kind of like a tortilla only made with potatoes so they are light and VERY yummy. It is Scandinavian in origin and while traditionally it was made to put lutefisk in we NEVER eat that we put butter and sugar. After the initial making of them we've been known to put peanut butter on them or use them to put sandwich fixings in.
Here's what they look like after they've been cooked.
Anyway it's also a lot of fun to spend time with family and be silly together with the fringe benefit of something yummy to eat as well.
Here are a few pictures...
And of course the other highlight was to spend a little bit of time with Noelani! She was very cute as always.


5 comments:
That looked like so much fun and naomi is such a beautiful babie!
Sounds like fun to make I might have to try it since we are home bound to day and not planing doing anything but sleding!
Great pictures. I enjoy our get together also because it seems like it gets us in the mood for the holidays. Plus it is so much fun to see the childrens enjoy it so much. I have only been making it for 47 years so I guess I will continue to make it tell I am so old I can't pick up the rolling pin to roll it out.
Noelani is so cute! What a little doll baby. Looks like you all had a blast, as usual. Am glad it wasn't too snowy for you to get there! Merry Christmas!
It was great to see you guys yesterday! I love our lefsa tradition as well...so glad we got to break Ray in for his first time. Noelani loves her Auntie...we can't wait to see you on Christmas day!
Love you!
I'm in LOVE with Lefsa...we haven't had it in quite a few years since it was kind of my grandma's thing, but rumor has it it's making a comeback soon. If I don't see it this Christmas I'll be calling for the recipe! :)
Merry Christmas you guys!!
Post a Comment