Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day (a.k.a. I miss Warren day)

Warren loved to celebrate the 4th of July and always did it up BIG. For years he and Carol would have a huge picnic/barbecue and he would invite everyone that they new and then some. I miss his excitement and anticipation for this day and the fire works displays that he would prepare.
I've been thinking about him a lot and praying for his family especially this past week as I know they are missing him too. Praying that they will take comfort in knowing that we will see him again in heaven.

(I snitched the pictures from the website Chris had set up while he was battling cancer. Thanks Chris!)


Warren relaxing
Enjoying the lake
Preparing Fireworks

6 comments:

Jon & Jen said...

I hear what you're saying. This day always reminds me of Warren, too! His enthusiasm for the holiday was contagious.

Just think, though, he's got to have a great view of the fireworks from up in Heaven!

Christina Johnson said...

Missing Papa seems to be the theme these days. How great that he was so loved! I hope he knew how much!

Gramma Carol said...

Thanks for the great tribute, gals. He loved you all and if you could hold your own in a teasing contest, that really rated high.

One more really tough day ahead to pray us through.

evjlaj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Elsie says Hi.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.