Thursday, August 21, 2008

Five years ago today...

Gabby became our daughter!

I can't believe it has been 5 years!! The time has absolutely flown by.
We celebrate Adoption Day each year kind of like a birthday. So I guess you could say that Gabby has two birthdays a year. ;) Here are a few pictures from actual Adoption Day and then each of the following.


Adoption Day 2003


2004
The Old Spaghetti Factory
Renton Family Fun Center


2005
Old Spaghetti Factory


2006
The Cheesecake Factory
The Renton Fun Center

2007
The Cheesecake Factory
Went to see "Becoming Jane" with a few friends
2008
Rainforest Cafe

Volcano for dessert

And of course Starbucks and shopping
We have had a lot of fun celebrating this very special blessing in our lives! I couldn't include all of the pictures so I just gave you a sampling.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

That is wonderful! I cannot believe it's been that long. I must say Gabby is looking beautiful in that last picture.

Miss you!

Scott, Teresa and Gabby said...

Thanks Alicia. We miss you too!

Gramma Carol said...

Wow, congratulations! What a wonderful addition to our family she has been! Looking forward to watching and being part of her future.

Kim and Ray Plus One said...

What a great day to celebrate!!!
I can't believe it's been that long. She's grown into such a beautiful woman!!

Gramma Carol said...

I love seeing these pictures again. The one of us all in the courtroom brought back lots of really precious memories. Thanks.

Christina Johnson said...

I swore I left a comment before on this but I must have goofed...
This is just way too cool! I love that you guys do this!

Watland's Wonderings said...

What great and special day to celebrate! It was so fun to see all the pictures. How she has changed since the court day picture. Thanks for sharing such a special day to remember.
We love you guys and miss you wish we could have been there to go to lunch with you guys. Love mom