Sunday, March 29, 2009

Yummy recipe!

I tried a new fudge sauce recipe tonight and it was YUMMY!

I was at the dentist last week and while there they let you watch TV and listen to it through the head phones. So I chose the cooking channel. Paula Dean's show was on and she and her two sons were sharing some of their "secret" recipes or secrets anyway at the end of the show she made a fudge cake with a fudge sauce. I'm not a big cake person but the sauce looked really good.

So I printed the recipe and decided to make the sauce to go over ice cream or in a milk shake. Oh my word was it yummy! But the other thing that surprised me is how smooth and glossy the sauce was. Gabby has already asked if I'm going to make the cake as well. We'll have to see how soon I get around to making it and if there is any sauce left or if I'll have to make that too.

Maybe that will be our dessert for Resurrection Sunday!

Oh, if you want the recipe Boston Fudge Cake with Fudge Sauce click on the recipe title I've made it a link. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Watland's Wonderings said...

Wow that fudge sauce sounds great. Blue Bunny has a ice cream called HomeMade Vanilla it tastes like we use to make when we were kids with fudge sauce mom made on top. Maybe this fudge sauce would be good on that ice cream.

Love you and will see you soon.

Love mom

evjlaj said...

I want just one piece of that cake when you make it. I would do it myself but can't afford eat all of it!! You know Lee!! I will even come get it if you will bring it out to me. Sounds yummy!! I won't even have to worry about Dad wanting some of it.

Love you

Mom

Christina Johnson said...

I'm not a cake fan either but you sold me with adding it to a milk shake! Sounds yummy!