Scott and I got married. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband! He takes very good care of all of us and I love him more every day.
We had an interesting and stressful start to our anniversary though. At 1:15 JJ started barking his head off so Scott got up and went out to see what was going on. When he got out to the living room he found a big mess (I'll spare you the details) in the entry way and dining room and Latte curled up in a ball sitting next to a chair breathing very strange. He came in and got me and I went out to help clean things up but once I saw Latte laying there shaking and wheezing I ended up wrapping her in a couple of towels and holding her.
We made the decision to take her to the emergency vet clinic (which is in Tacoma because that is the one our vet recommends). By the time that we got there it was around 3:00am.
They admitted her and put her in an oxygen kennel. Which seemed to immediately help with her breathing issue. They then did an x-ray and found that she had aspirated into her lungs so they decided to keep her there so she could continue to get the oxygen and they could check her for any other issues.
We got back home around 5:00am ate something and then went back to bed for a few hours.
When I called in around 9:30am to check on Latte the doctor said she was continuing to improve and they would try to feed her around 11:00am and see how she handles the food.
Needless to say it wasn't exactly what we had planned for celebrating our anniversary.
We will update later this evening.
1 comment:
Congratulations on 19 years! You truly are a family sculpted by God. Thank you for being a wonderful sister to me all these years, but mostly for the Spiritual examples you both have been. I love you.
~Carol
Post a Comment